Phone: (080) 2527-6152 / 53
List of Participants
You are here:
Day - 1 January 13, 2017 (Friday)
09:00 - 10:00 hr - Delegate Registration
10:00 - 11:00 hr - Inaugural function
- Dr Toni Aubynn, CEO, Minerals Commission, Ghana
- Mr Alexis Mikandji Penge, Director General CEEC, Ministry of Mines, DRC
- Mr Hari Iyer, CEO, Shakti Group
- Mr Kwabena Asante Asare, Chairman, Association of Gold Exporter of Ghana
- Mr Srivatsava Ganapathy, Foretell Business Solutions Private Limited
11:00 - 11:30 hr - Special Address:
"Implementing International Standards for Responsible Sourcing of Gold to Increase Global Market Access"
- Mr Louis Marechal, Policy Advisor, Extractives, Responsible Business Conduct, OECD
11:30 - 12:00 hr - Networking Break
12:00 - 13:00 hr - Discussion- 1:
"Gold Dore Trade in Africa: Potential and Challenges"
- Moderator: Mr Srivatsava Ganapathy, Bullion Bulletin
Topic and Panellists:
- Ghana Perspective - Mr Kwabena Asante Asare, Association of Gold Exporter of Ghana
- Democratic Republic of Congo Perspective - Dr Bali Barume, Project Manager, BGR
- Cote d'Ivoire Perspective - Madam Christine Logbo KOSSI, Chambre des Mines, Cote d'Ivoire *
13:00 - 14:30 hr -
Sponsored By Italtec Ghana Limited
14:30 - 15:30 hr - Discussion- 2:
"Understanding Regulatory Requirements of Gold Refiners"
- Moderator: Mr Kwaku Effah Asuahene, A A Minerals
Topic and Panellists:
- Compliance requirements of UAE – Mr Monal Thakkar, Ashoka Global
- Compliance requirements of India – Mr James Jose, Secretary, Association of Gold Refiners and Mints of India
- Compliance requirements of Russia – Mr Sergei Belov, Deputy CEO, Refining, Krastsvetmet
15:30 - 16:00 hr - Networking Break
16:00 - 18:30 hr - One-to-One Structured Business Meetings
18:30 - 20:30 hr -
Cocktails and Dinner
Sponsored by AA Minerals
Day - 2 January 14, 2017 (Saturday)
10:00 - 10:30 hr - Special Address:
"Gold Mining in Burkina Faso: Prospects and Opportunities"
- Mr Sylvain Some, General Director of Mines, Geology and Quarries, Ministry of Energy, Mines and Quarries, Burkina Faso
10:30 - 11:00 hr - Presentation:
"Insuring 'Gold Dore' Trade Flows"
– Mr James Macnaughton, Ascot London
11:00 - 11:30 hr - Presentation:
"Prospects for refining gold and silver in Ghana: Experiences and Learning"
- Mr Richmond Gamfi, Sahara Royal Gold Refinery Limited *
11:30 - 12:00 hr - Networking break
12:00 - 12:30 hr - Presentation:
"Overview of the Small-Scale Gold Mining Sector"
- Mr Godwin Amarh, General Secretary, Ghana National Association of Small Scale Miners
12:30 - 13:00 hr - Presentation:
"Financial Products and Services offered by Banks to gold ASM Sector in Ghana"
– Mr Mark Nyantakyi, Unibank Ghana Limited
13:00 - 14:00 hr - Presentation:
"Safe and Environmentally Sustainable Gold Mining for ASMs"
– Prof Richard Kwasi Amankwah, Professor, University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa, Ghana
14:00 - 15:30 hr -
Sponsored by AsanSka Jewellery Ltd
End of conference
* Subject to change
© Copyright Global Gold Dore Forum